Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Akon’s DJ and Music Director Thanks Canada at Conclusion of Tour with Rihanna


DJ Benny-D issues statement to summarize his experiences on cross-Canada tour

Halifax, NS -- Upon the conclusion of their 12 city Canadian Tour, Akon’s DJ and music director Benny-D, quickly becoming known as The World’s Most Entertaining DJ, has issued the following statement:

“Our Akon/Rihanna Tour started on Sept. 15th in Vancouver and ended in Halifax on the 30th, starting off on a great note and ending with a bang! We had a sold out crowd on the first night and out of the 11 or 12 shows done in a two-week span, only two shows were not sold out.

The people of Canada were really receptive towards us coming back to their country after bringing our show here for the first time with Gwen Stefani back in May of this year. A lot of people who were at those shows came back to the Akon/Rihanna shows… and it was a blast!

This time around I came with new moves that I learned from Gwen's B-Boys including the Freeze where I stand on my head with my legs and feet in a straight horizontal position. I also got some new Kilts that I bought from London and some that were tailor made by my stylist 'Madi Styles'. She keeps me fresh!

I had five after-parties to DJ after some of the concerts and people really came out to support me. Canada is now one of my favorite countries to be in! Not just because my favorite rapper, Kardinal Offishall is from Toronto, and not just because I have some very good friends in different cities, but because the people are great and they really treated me like a person. I admire the country for that! I can't wait to come back again with new moves, new Kilts, my Mohawk fresh and my performance in tact. Canada can always have a piece of Benny-D anytime they desire!”



While on tour, Benny-D did interviews with several Canadian based media outlets including Swagg News, Hiphopcanada.com, HHNLive.com, and gave SWBN.tv and their subsidiary S.P.I.T. DVD exclusive behind the scenes access to the show in Toronto.

Later this month, Benny-D will be visiting Brazil for the first time on a 6-date/5-city tour. Benny-D’s complete tour schedule can be found at www.myspace.com/supervillainbeats

For interviews or information contact:
Alyse Feldman, President, On the Fly Public Relations, Toronto ON, 917-674-6067; onthefly@mail2fly.com

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home