Thursday, November 15, 2007

Benny-D, Busta Rhymes, Andre 3000 and now Snoop Dogg... Could this be the new trend in Hip Hop?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

November 12, 2007

Benny-D, Busta Rhymes, Andre 3000 and now Snoop Dogg... Could this be the new trend in Hip Hop?

A year after Benny-D gets his first kilt; Snoop Dogg wears one on the MTV Europe Awards


Atlanta, GA -- Benny-D, Akon’s DJ and Music Director and “The World’s Most Entertaining DJ” is known worldwide for his Mohawk and for wearing a kilt on stage during every performance. Now it seems that the man Akon calls “Mr. Mohawk” has inspired a trend with Andre 3000 wearing a kilt in the “International Players Anthem” video with UGK and Snoop Dogg rocking the traditional Scottish and Celtic garment at the recent MTV Europe Awards.

When asked how he feels about possibly inspiring both Snoop and Andre 3000’s choice in wardrobe Benny-D stated, “I definitely take it as a compliment! It’s cool that people are being inspired by other cultures. Sometimes we get too in-tuned with our own culture to see what is going on in the rest of the world. The Scottish and Irish traditions are serious. Each family has their own pattern and every tartan and fabric represents something different. Actually, Busta, before all of us, wore a kilt in his video for “Gimme Some 'Mo” some years back. I just spoke to him last night and he was telling me he rocked one in that video. But where they might rock it once for a video or a performance, I rock it as a uniform to perform in every time I’m on stage.”

In a recent interview with XPOZ Magazine, Benny-D spoke about how he first started wearing the kilt. “I wanted to do something that would give people a way to identify with me from the moment I walked on stage. I got my first kilt made in Paris in November 2006, but waited to wear it because I wanted the perfect time to put it on. Since I live in Atlanta, I decided to wear it there for the first time during the Gwen Stefani tour on May 11, 2007... the crowd went crazy! Now I can’t do a show without wearing the kilt!”

Recently Benny-D opened “Tropical Styles” shoe store on St. Thomas, VI with his best friend Mario Caines and their childhood friend Bert. The store carries all brands of sneakers as well as a specialty line of Air Force 1’s customized with the Virgin Islands Flag. They also customize Air Jordans. With plans to branch out to other islands and the US within the next few years, Benny-D is certain to be at the forefront of fashion trends for many years to come.


www.myspace.com/supervillainbeats

For interviews or information contact:
Alyse Feldman, President, On the Fly Public Relations, Toronto ON, 917-674-6067; onthefly@mail2fly.com

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home